There’s nothing better than waking up to a hot bowl of porridge on a cold winters morning. This one is packed with immune boosting ingredients to set you up for the day ahead!! ⭐️ Aromatic chai herbs and spices keep your metabolism ticking in the cooler months. Fire up that internal heat baby!
- 2 cups plain oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp shredded ginger
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- Zest and juice from 1/2 orange
- 2 tbsp maple or rice malt syrup
- Activated nuts of choice (optional)
- Place oats in a pan with water on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, cinnamon, star anise and cloves, cooking for another 3 mins.
- Add orange zest and juice, heating for 2 more mins.
- Divide into two bowls and top with coconut yoghurt and a drizzle of maple/RMS, plus a handful of activated nuts.
I really like porridge for breakfast, it’s cool to find new ideas to have something different everyday :).