You love carrot cake, and you love breakfast. There’s only one thing for it…
Creamy, crunchy, chewy and sweet, this recipe packs a nutritional punch to keep you fuelled throughout the morning. Prepared in a matter of minutes, this Carrot Cake Oatmeal is loaded with heart-healthy walnuts, whole grains, sweet carrot & cinnamon for the perfect start to the day.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- ½ tbsp Natvia (stevia) or rice malt syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1-2 egg whites (optional*)
- In a small pan over a medium heat, bring the water to a boil and add oats.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir for 3-4 minutes until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Add egg whites if using, and whisk quickly until thick and creamy.
- Add sweetener of choice, vanilla, cinnamon and salt, and whist again until combined.
- Stir through carrot and raisins, then top with chopped walnuts and enjoy.
*Omit egg whites if vegan. Substiute with a tablespoon plain pea or rice protein if desired.
Looks like a luxurious yet healthy way to start the day!
Thanks Hannah! Who doesn’t love healthy cake for breakfast?!
Just made this for myself and the fella for breakfast! Absolutely delicious! We added the egg whites and it was so creamy and tasted just like carrot cake! Surprisingly quick as well and seriously easy even in sluggish morning-mode!! Thanks for a great new breakfast idea!
Thanks for the feedback Ruth – so glad you enjoyed. Amazingly like actually carrot cake right?! It’s my fave!
After being a bit hesitant, I decided to make this this morning. Surprisingly it tastes so much like carrot cake (yum) and was super easy to make!
So glad to hear it Claudia! Enjoy xoxo