Blackberries are one of the most widely available and nutrient dense fruits on the planet. Just one cup of blackberries contains over thirty percent of your daily recommended fiber, promoting healthy digestion and reducing the risk of heart disease. Blackberries are known to relieve common symptoms of PMS like bloating and food cravings, and are anti-inflammatory: great if you have a sports injury. Get your dose in this delicious breakfast!
- ¼ cup oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 heaped tablespoon natural vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons flaxmeal
- Coconut flakes (optional-to decorate)
- In a blender, process all ingredients to your preferred texture (I have mine like porridge).
- To decorate, top with coconut flakes and additional blackberries.
Make this into a nutritious smoothie by adding additional almond milk and serving between two glasses.