Sometimes I don’t feel like having an omelette after a workout. It’s not always easy *or palatable* to get your protein needs. After much testing *poor me* this muffin recipe gets the Fit Foodie tick of approval and is a great post-workout snack. Not dissimilar in taste to your typical cafe muffin, but this one is loaded with muscle-loving amino acids that help build and repair. Also known as super muffins. That’s right.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten free or regular)
- 1/2 cup vanilla (or unflavoured) protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp Natvia (granulated stevia)*
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp cottage cheese (banana would also work)
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
*can sub honey, rice malt syrup, maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 160ºC degrees
- In a blender, add all the ingredients apart from the berries and blend until smooth.
- Gently fold in your berries.
- Spoon mixture into a muffin tin sprayed with coconut oil (or silicone muffin cases) and fill close to the top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then pop them out and enjoy!