I know what you’re thinking, avo soup sounds kinda weird. It’s actually deliciously filling (unlike most soups) and more like a smoothie bowl than a consommé. I used to hate avocado when I lived in the UK – it was always kinda slimy (aka overripe) and rarely made it onto my plate. Since living in Aus, I’m a convert – they’re fresh, firm and truly nourishing. Australians eat more avocados per head then any other English speaking country – 3.4 kilos a year. I think I personally raise the country’s average score by eating around 4 whole fruits a week, but whatevs. Packed with healthy fats and fibre, this soup will keep you full for hours – no dipping bread or croutons required! If you want to amp up the protein, you can add a scoop of unflavoured protein powder before blending, or top with some freshly cooked prawns. Yum.
- 2 avocados
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce (optional)
- 1 cup water (warm, if you like warm soup!)
- Himalayan pink salt, to taste
- micro herbs, nuts and seeds to garnish
- Blend all ingredients (except the garnishes) in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with micro herbs, nuts and seeds.
- Enjoy immediately, or save leftovers for a creamy pasta sauce or salad dressing.