For a big kick of omega-3s in your lunch, try baking eggs in an avocado. Low in sugar, high protein and full of good fats, this healthy dish will get you through the afternoon.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 small free-range eggs
- ½ tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ tablespoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup salad of choice
- Preheat the oven to 220º.
- Slice the avocado in half and de-stone.
- Scoop out a little flesh from the centre of each half so that the egg will fit in the centre.
- Place avocados on a small baking tray and crack an egg into each well.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until egg is just set.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chilli flakes and a sprinkle of chives.
- Serve over bed of salad.
If you don’t have chives to hand, serve with whatever fresh herbs or other toppings you have available.
Hot sauce or sweet chilli sauce hoes really well with this dish, and will help to boost your metabolism.