Just when you thought pizza was off the menu (’cause the healthy cauliflower base ones are WAYY too much effort), I come swooping into your life to deliver this slice of good news. WHOLEMEAL PITA BREADS work a treat. Top them with crisp, juicy Jazz Apples, salty goats cheese, bitter rocket and nutty pecans, and you can kiss Domino’s goodbye. #sorrynotsorry. Healthy pizza in 10 minutes. Done.
- 1 large wholemeal pita or 3 mini
- 1 Jazz apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup goats cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup rocket
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Sorrel or thyme leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the grill on high.
- Plate the pitta under the gril for a few minutes until golden, and then remove.
- Flip and top with slices of Jazz apple, then crumble over the goats cheese.
- Place back under the grill for 5 minutes until cheese starts to brown and apple slices soften.
- Remove and plate, topping with rocket, pecans, lemon and herbs.
- Season to taste and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.