Granola is the yummiest way to get in some serious fiber, protein and vitamins first thing in the morning. Try my almond version on top of Greek yoghurt or fruit for a delicious breakfast.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup mixed seeds (sunflower, chia, pumpkin, sesame)
- ½ cup whole almonds
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon natural vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon natural almond essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 170º.
- In a pan over a low heat, melt the coconut oil with rice malt syrup, then stir in essences and cinnamon.
- Remove pan from heat and add oats, seeds, dried coconut and almonds.
- Stir to coat, then spread thinly on a pre-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from oven, stir through cranberries and sultanas, and allow to cool.
- This will last up to two weeks in a sealed container.
The darker the granola in the oven, the crispier it will be once cooled. Leave in the oven for an extra 5 minutes if you like it extra crunchy!
Replace some of the rice malt syrup with liquid stevia (to taste) if you prefer.
This granola can be used as a delicious pie topping – just throw on top of your favourite fruit and bake!