These muffins are perfect for breakfast or brunch, as well as afternoon tea! Dairy and gluten free, your tastebuds and tummy will love them. Swapping flour for almond meal provides a natural source of protein, dietary fibre and vitamin E. It is a great substitute for gluten containing flours and won’t cause tummy bloat. Yippee!
SERVES: 6 Muffins
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sift coconut flour, almond meal, salt and baking soda into a bowl, stirring to combine.
- Place oil and honey in a food processor and blend for two minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, then add coconut milk, lemon juice, zest, and poppyseeds.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the centre of the dry, and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour batter into a silicone muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Make your own almond meal by processing raw almonds to a fine flour.