I lurrrrve popcorn. Horrified when I moved from the UK that the Aussies like it savoury. What the?! So as ever…time to make my own. When you’re craving a snack (or a Friday movie night at home), its off to the kitchen to make a bowl of my award-worthy popcorn. It’s so simple to make and super healthy for both adults and children – with a good amount of vitamin E!
- ½ cup organic popping corn
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Pinch sea salt flakes to taste
- Heat your a have-based pot (with lid) over medium heat.
- Add the coconut oil and melt, then add the maple syrup (if using).
- Add a few kernels into the pan and wait for them to pop (determines when the oil is heated enough to popping).
- Once the test kernels have popped, place the rest of the kernels into the pan and cover.
- After the kernels begin popping, begin to shake every 10 seconds or so until you the popping slows.
- Remove from heat and continuously shake for another 10-20 seconds.
- Pour into a bowl, salt to taste and enjoy.
Tip: Omit the maple syrup if you like yours savoury. You can also try adding some spices such as paprika and chilli flakes!