Yogurt parfait makes for a deliciously filling breakfast, but store-bought versions are often full of added sugar or unnatural sweeteners. Instead of spending money and wasting calories on bad ingredients, why not make your own? Double the ingredients and make a few portions for the week ahead. Go on…the money you save can go on that extra box of chocolate protein bars. Convinced?!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- ¼ cup toasted oats
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen berries
- ½ tablespoon natural peanut butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Start with some thick plain Greek yogurt in the bottom of your favourite jar.
- Add a tablespoon of berries, some oats, nuts and goji berries, then continue to layer until you reach the top.
- Finish with a nice dollop of peanut butter, a sprinkle of chia seeds and your final oats. Grab a spoon.
If you suffer from digestive problems, try goats yogurt for an option that’s a little easier on the tummy.