Swap your usual fries for the super sweet potato version. A source of vitamin C, vitamin D and iron, sweet potatoes are also a good source of magnesium which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral.
For the fries
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp himalayan sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
For the cream
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp plain greek yoghurt
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Wash and dry sweet potato thoroughly.
- Leaving the skin on, cut the sweet potato into fries.
- Dry again throughly by rubbing fries between paper towels – this will ensure they crisp in the oven.
- In a bowl add the oil and seasoning, then mixx through the fries until well coated.
- Spread evenly on a foil-lined tray, taking care to ensure no overlap.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the cream by blending all the avocado, yogurt, lime and pepper until smooth.
- Spoon into a ramekin and serve immediately with fries.