Just when you thought smoothie-bowls were so 2016, you get hit with this bowl-o-rama that tastes like cupcakes. Not just any cupcake, RED VELVET ones. Uh huh. It’s packed with protein for muscle recovery, along with beet powder that is said to increase endurance. The cacao (aside from being insanely delicious) is a super source of anti-oxidants and also helps you body to produce happy chemicals. What’s not to love?!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/3 cup nut milk
- 1 scoop chocolate pea protein (vegans: use a plant based protein)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon beetroot powder or 1 small cooked beetroot
- 1 tsp Natvia (granulated stevia) or preferred sweetener, to taste
- Shaved Beets
- Desiccated coconut
- Toasted hazelnuts
- Goji Berries
- Rose Petals
- Chocolate peanut sauce (peanut butter melted with cacao powder)
- Cacao nibs
- Chocolate coconut yoghurt
- Blend the ingredients together until smooth and load on the toppings.
- Let’s eat cake.