A beautiful detoxing soup, supercharged with protein from a deliciously soft poached egg. Great on rest days, or when you’ve over-done it a bit in the desserts department.
- 400g packet silken tofu
- 1 tbsp grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 5 cups frozen green peas
- pepper and fresh mint sprigs, to serve
- 4 free range eggs
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until soft, stirring regularly.
- Add stock and simmer for two minutes before adding mint and peas.
- Cover and return to the boil for 3 minutes until peas are tender but still retain their bright colour.
- Meanwhile, poach eggs in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Remove soup from heat, add tofu and using a stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Ladle into four serving bowls.
- Top each with a poached egg, pepper and a mint sprig. Serve.