Beef is an excellent complete protein source that supplies amino acids to build and repair – a must for anyone who weight trains. This low-fat meal will help sustain lean muscle and keep you in great condition. Traditionally a heavy cream-based dish, this version will leave you feeling satisfied without all that unnecessary dairy.
- 1½ cups mixed mushrooms
- 1 eye fillet (approx 350g)
- ½ cup organic beef stock
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- Slice brown onion, and mushrooms, then dice the garlic clove.
- In a hot pan, sauté onion and garlic in coconut oil until soft.
- Add mushrooms for 5 minutes until brown and tender.
- Set mix aside in a bowl.
- Season eye fillet on both sides with paprika and slice into thin strips.
- Sauté beef in the same pan until browned (no additional oil needed).
- Pour in stock and return onion mix to the pan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Add spinach to pan until just wilted, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Make sure you buy organic grass-fed beef from your local butchers if possible. It contains more nutrients than supermarket meat and has more flavour.