This is one delicious super-food treat. Soft, chocolatey and crunchy, it really doesn’t get any better than this. Oh, did I mention it’s made with only healthy ingredients? Uh-huh.
SERVES: 12 brownies
INGREDIENTS:For the brownie
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- ¼ cup prunes, dates or raisins
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons coconut paste/butter
- ¼ cup coconut water (as needed)
- 1 tablespoon rinsed quinoa
- ½ tablespoon goji berries
- ½ tablespoon pepitas
- 1 tablespoons coconut flakes
- ½ tablespoon cacao nibs
- ½ tablespoon pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut paste / butter, warmed
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- In a food processor, blitz the almonds until finely chopped.
- Add remaining brownie ingredients, adding the coconut water at the end – just add as much as required to form a dough.
- Using the back of a spoon, press dough into a small brownie pan until 1cm thick.
- Top with ‘crunch’ ingredients and press down firmly.
- Make raw chocolate by stirring together chocolate drizzle ingredients until smooth, then pour slowly over the crunch layer.
- Repeat with coconut drizzle, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Slice and serve.
You can use any nuts or seeds for the crunch layer – use whatever you have available!
If you can’t find coconut paste, coconut butter will work just as well.