Bundt cake actually refers to the tin in which is baked (rather than a specific recipe) that gives it it’s beautiful shape. I’ve taken my mum’s famous chocolate cake recipe and swapped out some of the ingredients for healthier options. It’s just as delicious, and the addition of ginger warms the soul for the perfect winter cake.
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup granulated stevia
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp local honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural vanilla essence
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix the almond meal, cacao, stevia, baking powder, ginger and salt.
3. Make a well in the centre, and crack in the eggs, then add the oil, milk, honey and vanilla.
4. Mix to a smooth batter and pour into a greased bundt tin.
5. Cook for 45-50 minutes or until a inserted skewer removes cleanly.
6. Allow to cool on a wire rack before turning out the cake, then dusting with additional stevia.