Remember Sarah Lee’s Black Forest Gateau?! I know, pretty hideous right. As a kid I ate that stuff a lot. So I haven’t quite replicated the original because it was just, well…nasty. I do however, still love the idea of using dark (antioxidant full!) berries with something creamy. This Chia Breakfast Pot really hits the spot! Sorry Sarah…
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut yoghurt or alternative
- 2 teaspooons dried blueberry powder (can sub acai powder or fresh berries)
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 6 pitted cherries
- Combine the coconut milk, 1 tbsp of maple syrup, pinch of salt and chia seeds in a small bowl / jar and stir / shake until well combined.
- Let stand covered overnight in the fridge to thicken.
- Stir to incorporate the seeds if they have settled in the night.
- Mix together the coconut yoghurt and blueberry powder until smooth.
- Serve chia pudding mix between 2 glasses and top with yoghurt mix, then garnish with mint and cherries.