Not sure what to do with that Quiona you picked up at the health-food store on a whim?
I certainly spent some time researching its uses! My most successful to date is this hot and tasty wheat-free breakfast that’s sure to keep you satisfied. Plus, quinoa is a rare source of ‘complete protein’ which means its great for your body and mind. Period.
Satisfying, hot and rich?! Who knew quinoa could sound so tempting!
- Combine the water, cinnamon and quinoa in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, and cook covered for another 10 minutes.
- Stir through raisins, sweetener, apple and chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle with zest and serve warm.
Try substituting raisins and walnuts with dried cranberries and almonds.
Almond milk can be replaced by soy, rice or cows milk of your choice.