For a wonderful crowd-pleasing dessert, fill happy tummies with one of these dairy-free creamy panna cottas and grab 10g protein while you’re at it. With plenty of aromatic fresh vanilla bean and zero sugar, this is one healthy re-invention you don’t want to miss.
- 1 x 300g pack organic silken tofu
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tsp Norbu*
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)*
- 2 fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp maple flakes
- With a sharp knife, cut down the length of the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds.
- Add these to a blender along with the Norbu, tofu and xanthan gum (if using).
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve between two small pudding pots and chill for 1 hour.
- Garnish with strawberries and maple flakes, then enjoy!
*Xanthan gum is available from health food stores. It is a tasteless thickener that can be added to baked goods, milkshakes and ice creams. Here it gives the Panna Cotta a more traditional pot-set texture, but you can omit if desired.
*Norbu is an a zero-calorie natural sweetener made from Monk Fruit. It’s been used for hundreds of years as a sugar substitute by the ancients. If you can’t get your hands on any, try stevia (I like Natvia) or a little raw honey instead.