Crumbles are one of my favourite desserts. Hot, sweet and deeply satisfying, theres just something about that oaty topping against juicy seasonal fruit. It’s a dessert I grew up with and ate at least once a week, although admittedly they were full of white sugar, butter and a whole heap of custard to boot. In typical fashion I had to recreate it, and what’s better than dessert for breakfast? Not a lot. One healthy ‘Bressert’ coming your way…
Amp up your breakfast with antioxidants from these dark berries and you’ll benefit from clearer skin, improved digestion and a stronger immune system. #winning.
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium.
- In a small pan over a medium heat, add berries, water and sweeter, simmering for 5 minutes until soft and syrupy.
- In a small bowl, melt coconut oil and sit in oats until coated.
- Add fruit mix to an oven-proof pot, and top with oats, then grill for approx. 8 minutes until top begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before devouring.
* Can sub honey, rice malt syrup or coconut nectar.
Top with plain greek yoghurt for a protein hit.