Spending your hours/days/weeks/months in an office block may seem a little like punishment when you’re dreaming of a killer body; but this simple office-block training program will allow you add in a great workout in between the emails and meetings!
Every building has a fire escape – and if your office is above ground level, you also get a free gym…I mean stairs. Most are ‘open’ now; as companies are encouraging employees to take the stairs to stay active. *Claps for you* if you already use them to enter and exit the building when there’s an elevator calling your name. But let’s take it to another level, actually, many more levels – right to the top of your building.
Got a coffee break? You got time for this. Marcus Bondi takes us though his awesome stairwell workout.
Once per hour (or as often as you can) go to the stairwell in your building.
- Start by stepping up the stairs one at a time; for every 20 steps climbed up, do 10 push ups on the stairs. These push ups are easy (and skirt friendly) – just reach forward to the step in front of your face and grab it at the edge. Rise up on your toes and keep your body straight, with a tight core and do a few reps. ‘You go, girl’ Jane-from-accounts.
- When moving up the stairs, be sure to keep your back straight and your abs contracted nice and tight. Keep your elbows bent and fists clenched and really power-march up those stairs, pumping your arms forward and back. Be sure to step on the balls of your feet and bring your knees up nice and high and straight! Focus on your breathing: IN through your nose; OUT through your mouth.
- If possible, begin to take two steps at a time; so with ’20 steps’ you will have climbed 40 stairs. The intensity can be adapted to suit you; set your own push-up reps and increase these as you get stronger. You can also take a small weight with you to amp up the intensity; take a few reams of copy paper for a walk up a few floors!
It’s a very tough drill, but if you do it every hour, once a day, (or whenever the smokers in your office go out), you will become stronger and faster than ever! By adhering to this program, simple physics dictates that you will burn and reduce stored energy (aka ‘fat’!). Hello toned hips, butt and legs!
Marcus Bondi: Fitness & Nutrition Expert & Guinness World Record Holder
Marcus has been immersed in fitness/health for over 30 years, and is a globally renowned and respected fitness, nutrition and health expert – represented by WINK models. In the last 12 months Marcus has appeared as a fitness/nutrition expert & Guinness World Record Holder on TV morning shows in Sydney, Tokyo, L.A. & Hawaii, as well as on Sunrise 7 (Aus) and Nine News. Marcus has also been training and advising The Biggest Loser (Aust) trainer Shannan Ponton; specifically to strengthen his shoulder & rehab and optimise his progression in extreme body weight training to the highest level.
- Inside the grocery basket of a health food blogger - March 22, 2017
- How sleep deprivation is affecting your life + how to fix it - March 21, 2017
- What the Health Star Rating really means for grocery shoppers - March 6, 2017
- Five Healthy Snacks to Satisfy Sweet Cravings - February 22, 2017
- What to Eat for Energy + Recovery - February 15, 2017