by Sally O’Neil – Editor in Chief
Quinoa has had a lot of attention as a ‘superfood’ over the last few years, but some companies are bringing a fresh take to the ancient grain – now in liquid form. That’s right, a drinkable quinoa snack. If you’re not a fan of the taste or texture of quinoa, this might just be the snack you’re looking for.
The new drinks blend quinoa with fruit and vegetable juices, resulting in something that’s like a fortified smoothie. In addition to sweet fruit flavors like Strawberry, Blueberry and Apple, there’s also some interesting savory flavors that include Split Peas, Carrots & Ginger, as well as Tomato – seen hitting the shelves in the US.
Top health benefits of quinoa:
- High content of manganese
- Rich in magnesium
- Contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains
- 7 Best Vegan Cafes in Sydney - November 21, 2017
- My favourite spot for a mini-break: just 2 hours from Sydney! - November 16, 2017
- Good Eats: Spring Mangoes Two Ways - November 4, 2017
- Kitchen storage probs? *WIN* The new TEFAL innovation ALL apartment dwellers need - November 2, 2017
- Say hello to a new breed of healthy pasta - October 11, 2017