We all need time to relax and recharge right? I so rarely do it. In fact *guilty admission* I’m not that great at getting 8 hours sleep either, even though I know it’s amazing for my health.
Whilst I’d love a week in Bali to zone out and do yoga, it’s not something I can do regularly whilst running two businesses. On top of that, I’m in the midst of moving house and office, so I need to be on it and connected at all times. The answer?
If you need a mini break, it’s the perfect solution!
IS THIS YOU?
Are you overdue for a staycation? If you answer yes to the any of the below, it’s time to check out.
- Your weekends are just as busy as your weekdays.
- You’re low on vacation time.
- You don’t have much in the way of travel funds.
- You need to disconnect from the world.
- You’ve been neglecting yourself and need some me time.
WHY A STAYCATION?
- You can tune out, but be on hand to deal with family / business emergencies.
- It’s wallet friendly (read on for a travel hack to get your staycation for FREE using American Express Membership Points)
- You can keep it short and sweet, without a lot of disruption to your busy schedule.
- Minimal travel time. Why wait at airports when you could be in the spa?
- Say goodbye to jet lag! No international flights, no worries.
- You can explore new parts of the city you live in and try out new experiences.
- You can still meet your friends for brunch!
Top tip: Use the week before your staycation starts to handle your to-do list.
FREE ‘ME’ TIME
Moving house, funding Fit Mixes growth, new packaging, designers, and the like is pretty draining on my resources.
I need to do it cost-effectively, or even better, for FREE!
Sounds good right?!
You can do it too. You’ve probably got a friend who talks a lot about their amazing credit card deals or how they’ve moved one provider to another for a free bottle of wine (I say friend in the loosest sense). Whilst there can be some great offers out there, by far my favourite way to gain benefit from my every day spend is my American Express Platinum Edge Card.
With the membership points that accumulate from making purchases, you can redeem them on top hotels – giving you your much-needed getaway for absolutely zilch.
Head to Amex Travel, and check out their city guide of your own town. You’ll probably find some amazing things to do and see you never even knew existed!
My Staycation Spot
To put my money (or American Express Points) where my mouth is, I booked a night at The Langham Hotel in Sydney. Roughly 30 minutes walk from my current place, but still far enough to feel like I’m separated from the daily grind.
The hotel was beautiful – just what I needed to relax and recharge the batteries as we’re heading into a new year.
What’s important to me is that I can take my pup there too, and they have a bed and in-room menu for him too (no joke). Saves me the hassle of looking for a dog-sitter or putting my fur baby in a kennel.
It’s super important to treat yourself when you’re working hard so that you can come back with an even clearer mind and sharp focus on the goals your trying to kick. Look after yourself Fitties,
*Editor’s Note: This article is proudly sponsored by American Express. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Fit Foodie Blog possible. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.
- My secret to sensitive-free teeth - June 9, 2017
- 3 wallet-friendly ways to detox after a blow-out - May 15, 2017
- Taline Gabriel shares her Instagram Secrets! - April 3, 2017
- What a balanced diet really looks like - March 30, 2017
- Inside the grocery basket of a health food blogger - March 22, 2017