Theres nothing like a simple soup to please the soul. They can pack in a fair few veggies too. This is a great rest-day lunch, but can be complimented by some plain chicken strips for extra protein if needed. Just steer clear of that white loaf…
- 3 red peppers (capsicums), de-seeded & halved
- 1 white onion, unpeeled & halved
- 4 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 8 medium tomatoes (approx 500g)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Himalayan sea salt & fresh black pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180°.
- Place the pepper, plum tomatoes, garlic cloves & onion halves (cut side down) into a baking tray.
- Bake for 30 mins or until the vegetables are roasted & tender.
- Meanwhile melt coconut oil in a large pan over a medium heat and sauté celery for 4-5 mins.
- Add stock, tomato paste and chilli flakes (if using), and stir well.
- Remove from the heat.
- Remove veg from oven and remove the skin from the onion & garlic cloves.
- Roughly chop & add them to the pan with the plum tomatoes.
- Place pan on to a low to medium heat & blend with a stick blender.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and drizzle with a little coconut cream if desired.
Fresh soup will store in the freezer for up to two weeks. Portion leftovers into tupperware and freeze for use at a later date.