Pumpkin stars alongside creamy feta in this tasty spinach salad. This one is packed with fibre, keep you fuller longer and your appetite at bay until dinner thanks to the pumpkin and flax. You’ll also get a lovely dose of protein from the feta (option to add egg for those who need it!) and healthy fats with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Now thats what I call a balanced meal.
- 1 small half butternut or kent pumpkin
- 1/4 cup cubed feta
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp whole flax seeds
- 1/2 lemon
- sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 soft-boiled eggs (optional)
Tip: If you’re vegan / dairy intolerant, try soy or nut cheeses in place of the feta – there’s so many to choose from!
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Cut pumpkin into small cubes and roast (without oil) for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
Place the spinach, feta and pumkin in a bowl. Squeeze over lemon juice and season, then gently toss.
- Serve the salad between two plates, and add boiled eggs, if using.
- Sprinkle with flax seeds and serve immediately with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.