This is probably my last post before I turn 30. THIRTYYYYYY. Jay Z tells me ’30’s the new 20′, but isn’t that just what people say when they get older?! To drown my sorrows / celebrate, I’m eating ice cream. Lots of it. Because it’s sugar free, dairy free, and so damn fine. No churner required….who actually owns one of those?! Someone with too much storage, thats who.
- 2 x 400ml cans additive-free coconut cream
- 1 x 400ml can additive-free coconut milk
- ⅓ cup rice malt syrup
- 4 peaches
- 1 cup mango, chopped (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder or essence
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Place the coconut cream, coconut milk, flesh of two peaches, vanilla and rice malt syrup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into large ice cube trays or if you use zip-lock bags, those work too.
- Freeze the mixture until just frozen (1-2 hours) then add it back to the blender and process until smooth.
- Stir in chunks of mango and pour into a 2 litre capacity tin.
- Freeze for 3 hours or until just frozen.
- Top with toasted coconut, pistachios, remaining peaches and additional mango.