Brussels sprouts aren’t amongst the most well-loved of veggies, but definitely worth a place in your fridge. Not only are they are a good source of protein, iron and potassium (which offer a range of health benefits), but are also high in fibre, keeping you fuller for longer. The lemon in this recipe takes them up a notch from your usual sprouts – adding zing to their earthy flavour.
- 250g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200º degrees.
- In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, olive oil and the juice of the lemon.
- Add Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
Save any leftovers for a delicious salad. Toss cooled sprouts with baby kale, crumbled goats cheese and crushed walnuts.