My mum used to make the best lemon tarts. Buttery, crumbly pastry cases filled with sharp zingy lemon curd. When I asked for her recipe, I learnt she actually makes it in the microwave. Not my favourite cooking technique, nor was I a fan of the butter and sugar content. So here’s my healthy version, for all you curd lovers out there. Spread on wholemeal toast, dollop on your morning oats, ripple through Greek yoghurt or enjoy straight from the jar with a spoon. Also amazing with a goats cheese salad…just trust me on that one!
SERVES: 1 Jar
- Blend together flesh of papaya and lemon juice until smooth
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk eggs and stir into papaya/lemon mix
- Pour into a heavy based pan, and add the Natvia.
- Heat gently over a medium heat, stirring constantly for approximately 4 minutes until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and add coconut oil. Stir until melted.
- Decant mixture into a clean glass jar and refrigerate. Enjoy once cool.