This simple dinner makes for an excellent mid-week meal. It’s highly nutritious and full of protein to keep you satiated long into the night. White fish is also packed with B vitamins that increase your metabolism – helping with healthy weight maintenance.
- 2 white fish fillets (such as basa, hallibut or cod)
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 10 cherry tomatos, halved
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
Tip: If you can’t lay your hands on fresh herbs, dried ones will work just as well.
- Preheat oven to 180° and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place fish fillets on the tray and sprinkle over fresh thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze over 1/2 lemon juice and bake for 13-15 minutes, until fish is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine quinoa, parsley, onion, tomatos and spinach. Dress with remaining lemon juice and season to taste.
- Serve fish on a bed of the tabouli and enjoy!