Doesn’t sound very sexy, but adding all your leftover veggies and meat or seafood to the bottom of a shallow dish and adding eggs on top makes for one the simplest, tastiest meals around. At the end of the week I often have some greens that are past their best – and they work great in this dish. Gather all your odd-and-ends – reduce waste and get dinner in under 30 minutes. Winning!
- 2 cups leftover veg – I used zucchini, kale and chives.
- Any leftover meat, fish (optional)
- 8 large organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons leftover pesto (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper
- Leftover herbs to garnish
- Preheat the open to 180°C.
- In a shallow baking dish, add the leftover veg and any cooked meat / seafood , spreading to cover the base of the dish.
- Crack over the eggs, ensuring then whites spill to cover your leftovers.
- If using, dollop on the pesto and swirl through the eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes (depending on how you like your eggs).
- Enjoy immediately with a side salad and some avocado for heart-healthy fats.