This is my take on the beautiful Mexican Fajita. We’re going salsa-less. Have you ever read what’s in a jar of the store-bought stuff? Sugar, sugar, and more sugar. Not great for your insides. I’ve swapped it for tahini – kind of like peanut butter, but made with sesame seeds. It’s packed with healthy fats to keep you satiated for longer. It’s also an amazing source of calcium (for those of you who don’t eat dairy) and is rich in minerals such as phosphorus, lecithin, magnesium, potassium and iron.
Triple the recipe, invite some friends over and lay it all out in bowls – it’s the easiest, healthy dinner-party pleaser that is sure to impress. DIY food is always a winner and means you can cater for fussy eaters too!
- 2 x Lilydale Chicken Breast Steaks
- 4 corn mountain wraps (or gluten-free wraps of choice, as needed)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds, chopped
- 2 sprigs broccolini
- 1/8 cup mint leaves
- 2 tbsp tahini
- fresh or dried chilli, to taste
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook the chicken breast for 20-30 minutes in a medium oven (180 degrees) until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly and shred, or pull apart with your fingers.
- Layer up! Add the chicken strips, avocado, raw brocollini and almonds.
- Top with mint, drizzle with tahini and squeeze over lemon.
- Top with as much chilli as you can handle (it boosts metabolism!).
- Wrap and roll