Eggplant is an excellent source of bone-building manganese, and cooked without oil this delicious purple vegetable yields only 12 calories per cup! That means you can fill up without filling out while getting a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- handful mint leaves
- Wash and cut eggplant into 1cm rounds.
- Heat griddle pan until hot (no oil required) and cook slices on both sides until soft and lightly charred.
- Remove from heat and pile onto a serving platter.
- Crush garlic and roughly chop mint, adding to a small bowl with lemon and yogurt. Season to taste if desired.
- Drizzle eggplant with yogurt dressing and serve immediately.
Serve this dish as an appetiser, and accompaniment to meat, or mixed into a seasonal salad.