This delicious lunch is packed with 25g of protein for fast muscle repair and long-lasting satiety. Tofu can also give a major boost to your weight-loss plan. If you’ve tried tofu before and thought it was pretty tasteless, yore not alone. Give it another try with this recipe: the dukkah adds so much flavour and the grill ensures it crisps up – delicious!
- 300g hard tofu
- 1 tablespoon almond dukkah
- ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 10 green olives, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds (optional)
- 2 stems raw broccolini, roughly chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- Heat a sandwich grill or griddle pan on high. Slice tofu into thick strips and dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle over dukkah and rub to cover the tofu.
- Add tofu to sandwich grill and cook for 5-10 minutes until it begins to char slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad by assembling olives, tomatoes, broccolini, capsicum and almonds (if using) over a bed of spinach.
- Make the dressing by mixing together chili flakes, lemon juice and vinegar.
- To finish, top the salad with tofu, and drizzle over zesty dressing.
Make sure you use hard tofu for this dish, not silken!