Ever find yourself heading to the vending machine mid-morning even though you had breakfast? While its tasty and convenient to reach for a bowl of cereal or slice of toast in the mornings, these high-carb breakfasts lead to elevated blood sugar levels which then drop quickly, leaving you tired and hungry soon after. A breakfast high in protein, such as these delicious pancakes, actually stabilizes blood sugar and prevents hunger for a number of hours. Yippee!
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 170g pot of plain Greek yoghurt
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ½ teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut nectar (can sub stevia/raw honey/maple syrup)
- ½ teaspoon organic coconut oil
- Pre heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat with coconut oil (if desired).
- Combine all ingredients except blueberries and oil in a food processor until batter is smooth.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the pan.
- Cook for about three minutes or until the edges start to bubble.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for another two minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter, stack and serve with an additional drizzle of sweetner and extra blueberries.
Also delicious served with clean banana ice-cream as an after-dinner delight or post-workout snack.
Top with almond butter for extra protein.