‘Tis the season for blueberries here in Aus. They’re in abundance and cheap until March, so I try to get my fill in the summer months when they’re at their tastiest and locally sourced. Aside from being once of the most nutrient dense fruits around, they make the most amazing ice-cream that can legit double up as a brekkie bowl when your post-Christmas sugar crash is looming. The natural sweetness they provide kills sugar cravings and their fibre keeps you fuller for longer too!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla pea protein
- 1 tbsp psyllium (optional)
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup coconut water or filtered water
- Additional blueberries
- bee pollen (vegans – skip this!)
- desiccated coconut
- red currants
- coconut yoghurt
- edible flowers
- In a blender, add all the ingredients (except the toppings – duh!).
- Blend until thick and smooth – you might want to use your pokey-stick to jam the mixture into the blades. Don’t be tempted to add more liquid – you’ll end up with something that’s pretty hard to eat with a spoon.
- Scrape into a bowl and add all your fave toppings, swirl in some coconut yoghurt for creaminess and then go for gold.