Berries rock my world. They’re mother natures’ own sweets…juicy, tart, and perfectly bite-sized. Bonus: they’re packed with vitamins that your body will love. Blackberries are among the top ranked antioxidant-rich fruits and contain high levels of fiber, manganese, copper and vitamin C. Urggghh….too much science?! Translation: they’re great for weight control, clear skin and energy. With just 61 calories a cup, blackberries make a great snack or addition to your morning smoothie, just like this one.
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup spinach (or other leafy green)
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein (optional)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 cup filtered water
- Soak the chia seeds in water for 10 minutes.
- Add chia seeds (now a thick gel) to a blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a cold glass with a few ice cubes. Enjoy!
If you find smoothies leave you hungry, try adding a tablespoon of rolled oats before blending to help stabilise blood sugars.
Double the recipe and freeze in lolly moulds for a delicious icy treat!