A bank, helping me get fit?! Yup. You read that right.
After listening to market trends and feedback from customers who value health and fitness, Citi have launched a new initiative as a way to help Australians progress forward with their fitness goals. For a limited time, every new Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card customer will receive a complimentary Fitbit Blaze, valued at $329.95!!!
I’ve been wearing mine for the last 4 days and loving it – it tells me when I’ve been sat down too long (anyone else realise they’ve been at their desk 5 hours without moving?!).
5 reasons to love the Fitbit Blaze:
- It syncs wirelessly to 200+ devices, so you can see workout summaries,
track your nutrition and more.
- It has in-built workouts so you can follow the moves on your watch, any time, anywhere! I love the 10 minute abs.
- It has a silent alarm to wake you up through vibration. LOVE THIS! No more startled, grumpy partners.
- It logs hydration, so you can be sure you’re drinking enough each day.
- Got a competitive streak? You can set yourself (and friends) a workout challenge, such as who takes the most steps on the weekend.
My 7-Day Step Challenge
As part of this awesome rollout, Citi have very kindly got my involved int heir 7-day-step challenge, where 8 fitness influencers battle it out to see who can take the most steps using their Fitbit Blaze.
I’m pleased to say my resting heart rate sits at around 55bpm, which according to google, makes me an ‘athlete’ on the fitness level. Yahoo!! Not so sure how that is scientifically calculated, but it sounds great all the same.
So far we’re 2 days into the challenge, and I’ve logged a 35,000 steps. That’s 15,000 more than my goal, so I’m pretty happy with that given I’m at my desk a lot of the day. Having a puppy means I’m out for two walks at least, plus I do one workout and then I’m getting to meetings (usually on foot). I have been trying extra hard to move myself, so lets just say that tally is looking higher than it normally would. This is a challenge though, right?!
You can follow all the action on my snapchat – add me at ‘thefitfoodie’ to see what I’m up to and how my steps are clocking up!
I’m also headed to a Sydney Swans versus Melbourne AFL match at the Sydney Football Stadium on August 06, for an exclusive Citi experience, when the winner of the 7-day active challenge will be announced – so wish me luck!!
Need MORE convincing this is a great deal?
The Citi Rewards Platinum Credit Card has other super benefits, namely the Citi Dining Program, where card members can receive a free bottle of award-winning wine every time they dine at one of hundreds of partner restaurants!! The perfect way to reward yourself after all that walking 😉
JOIN ME! We can step together 🙂 Get your hands on your complimentary Fitbit RIGHT HERE.
Ok, Fitbit says I’ve been sat for too long writing this post. Gotta run!
- 7 Best Vegan Cafes in Sydney - November 21, 2017
- My favourite spot for a mini-break: just 2 hours from Sydney! - November 16, 2017
- Good Eats: Spring Mangoes Two Ways - November 4, 2017
- Kitchen storage probs? *WIN* The new TEFAL innovation ALL apartment dwellers need - November 2, 2017
- Say hello to a new breed of healthy pasta - October 11, 2017