Have one too many holiday parties got you feeling less than festive? This is the hardest time of the year to stick to healthy eating, and occasionally we might find that, despite our best intentions, we accidentally sink a few too many eggnogs.
The remedy for that? A simple ginger pastille that holds enough herbal medicine to decrease nausea and settle a stomach that has seen too much holiday cheer.
What You’ll Need
60ml ginger tincture
25g gelatin (or agar-agar for my vegan friends)
25ml vegetable glycerine
Coconut oil, to coat moulds.
How to Make it:
It’s that simple. These will only last a week, and are best stored wrapped in baking paper. Ginger is nature’s best anti-emetic medicine in my mind, meaning that it effectively treats nausea. And if that’s not enough to get you mixing your own medicines, it also acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory, making it your ally when it comes to battling period pain or annoying bloating.
- How to grow a stress-busting garden anywhere! - February 23, 2016
- Homemade Ginger Pastilles: Your Feel-Good Christmas Remedy - December 21, 2015
- How to Make A Turmeric Chai Latte - October 13, 2015
- Home Health Hack: Aloe Under Eye Gel - September 15, 2015
- Teas as Tonics: Bettering Your Health with Herbs - October 16, 2014