When I was sat brainstorming of who interview for my next #healthyhangout, I was looking for a bit of inspiration. Someone who sets goals and smashes them, and could teach me a thing or two about persistence. Who better than this girl? Entrepreneur, 3 x Olympic Gold Medalist and 5 x World Record Holder, Stephanie Rice is in a league of her own. Not only does this girl have a string of accolades I could only dream of, but she’s incredibly humble and makes a damn fine Chia Pizza. I want to be besties.
1. HOW DID YOUR JOURNEY TO BECOMING AN OLYMPIC SWIMMER BEGIN?
As a baby I loved learn to swim and being in the water, it was my happy place, so after I was water safe I went straight into squad training.
2. WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Bettering myself and improving is what motivates and excited me. I always loved reviewing my races and seeing what I could improve on for next time and then seeing the difference when it was implemented.
3. YOUR DAY ON A PLATE?
I love to start out the morning with some muesli, fresh fruit, Bioglan Chia seeds and almond milk.
Lunch is usually a salad or homemade sushi rolls and dinner is roast veggies with Bioglan Meal Booster and tempe cooked in coconut oil.
+ of course lots of water and sometimes I add some Bioglan camu-camu to the water to change-up the flavour.
4: FAVOURITE WAY TO GET MOVING?
Walking … I love being out in the fresh air and moving my body and either chatting with a friend or listening to an audiobook or just being on my own and looking at all the magical things around us. I use to prefer the gym and really pushing myself, but that doesn’t feel aligned with me at the moment so I’m enjoying more of a meditative movement.
5. THREE THINGS YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT
- Phone (sad I know, but it has all my calendar and information in it)
- Lip Balm, I never go anywhere without that
- Fresh Air – I hate being inside all day, it really affects my emotions
6. YOUR SECRET VICE
Organo Gold Coffee, as it has a much lower caffeine and doesn’t dehydrate + almond butter … but not together 🙂
7. TOP SONG ON YOUR PLAYLIST
See You There – from Fast and the Furious
8. YOUR MANTRA
Whatever the mind can conceive and believe it can achieve – Napoleon Hill (I was given this quote when I was 14 and stuck it to me bedroom ceiling every night up till the Beijing Olympics 4.5 years later.
9: YOUR TOP 3 ACCOUNTS TO FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM
- @sophiabush (she is so worldly and shares her thoughts and feeling so openly … I love that)
10: YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE
I love this as a healthy but tasty dinner. I have never really liked pizza because it usually makes me feel sick and yucky from all the cheese and oils but this is such a great alternative and doesn’t take long to make + its fun for the kids
CHIA FIBRE PROTEIN PIZZA
Makes one pizza
- ¼ cup (40g) Bioglan Chia Seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons unrefined wholegrain buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Bioglan Brown Rice Protein Powder (natural flavour)
- 1 heaped teaspoon Bioglan Fibre Boost Powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup (185ml) water
- 1/3 cup (65g) semi-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup (60g) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 100g buffalo mozzerlla, torn
- Dried chilli flakes
- small handful fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C (Gas 4). Line a non-stick baking tray with baking paper.
- To make the pizza crust, combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Process for a couple of minutes until fairly smooth. Spread the mixture on the baking tray and flatten into a round about 24cm wide and 1cm thick. Bake the crust for 15–20 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, to make the tomato sauce, combine all the ingredients in a mini food processor. Process until smooth.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the crust. Arrange the tomatoes, zucchini and mozzarella on the pizza. Sprinkle with chilli flakes and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve pizza hot, garnish with basil leaves.
You can hang more with this awesome chick and her superfoods right here:
- 7 Best Vegan Cafes in Sydney - November 21, 2017
- My favourite spot for a mini-break: just 2 hours from Sydney! - November 16, 2017
- Good Eats: Spring Mangoes Two Ways - November 4, 2017
- Kitchen storage probs? *WIN* The new TEFAL innovation ALL apartment dwellers need - November 2, 2017
- Say hello to a new breed of healthy pasta - October 11, 2017