What is the difference between grass fed and grass finished meat?
How does it effect meat quality?
The way cattle and sheep are fed can have a major effect on the nutrient composition of the meat. Grain-fed beef is much lower in omega-3’s and conjugated linoleic acid. Meat can be a good source of omega-3’s, if it’s grass-fed and as well as containing more healthy fats than grain fed meat. The visual difference between grain fed and grass fed meat is obvious! The grass-fed meat has higher levels of carotenoids, making the fat appear yellow. More carotenoids = more antioxidants + nutrients (and more flavour). So eat more Grass fed & FINISHED meat if you’re looking for top health benefits.
- What’s Yoga Teacher Training Really Like? - February 4, 2018
- 8 Proven Reasons You’ll Be Successful - January 29, 2018
- How to save $$$ on Health Food and Gym Gear! - January 22, 2018
- How this incredible Fitness Entrepreneur, Human Rights Activist and Mum of 3 juggles it all successfully. - January 5, 2018
- How to turn your side hustle into a booming business - January 2, 2018