What is the difference between grass fed and grass finished meat?
How does it effect meat quality?
The way cattle and sheep are fed can have a major effect on the nutrient composition of the meat. Grain-fed beef is much lower in omega-3’s and conjugated linoleic acid. Meat can be a good source of omega-3’s, if it’s grass-fed and as well as containing more healthy fats than grain fed meat. The visual difference between grain fed and grass fed meat is obvious! The grass-fed meat has higher levels of carotenoids, making the fat appear yellow. More carotenoids = more antioxidants + nutrients (and more flavour). So eat more Grass fed & FINISHED meat if you’re looking for top health benefits.
- Taline Gabriel shares her Instagram Secrets! - April 3, 2017
- What a balanced diet really looks like - March 30, 2017
- Inside the grocery basket of a health food blogger - March 22, 2017
- How sleep deprivation is affecting your life + how to fix it - March 21, 2017
- What the Health Star Rating really means for grocery shoppers - March 6, 2017