What is the difference between grass fed and grass finished meat?
How does it effect meat quality?
The way cattle and sheep are fed can have a major effect on the nutrient composition of the meat. Grain-fed beef is much lower in omega-3’s and conjugated linoleic acid. Meat can be a good source of omega-3’s, if it’s grass-fed and as well as containing more healthy fats than grain fed meat. The visual difference between grain fed and grass fed meat is obvious! The grass-fed meat has higher levels of carotenoids, making the fat appear yellow. More carotenoids = more antioxidants + nutrients (and more flavour). So eat more Grass fed & FINISHED meat if you’re looking for top health benefits.
- 7 Best Vegan Cafes in Sydney - November 21, 2017
- My favourite spot for a mini-break: just 2 hours from Sydney! - November 16, 2017
- Good Eats: Spring Mangoes Two Ways - November 4, 2017
- Kitchen storage probs? *WIN* The new TEFAL innovation ALL apartment dwellers need - November 2, 2017
- Say hello to a new breed of healthy pasta - October 11, 2017