If you love chocolate, and peanut butter, you’re going to be salivating over this new creation by Donna Hay. Its one of the recipes in the newest issue of Fresh + Light – her healthy (yes, you read that right) but just as delicious quarterly magazine packed with nutritious options. This one has just 5 ingredients….ready, set, go!!
- 330g fresh dates†, pitted
- ⅓ cup (95g) natural smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 80g 70% dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon white or black sea salt flakes (optional), to serve
† A high source of soluble dietary fibre, dates are great for digestion. They are also known to be high in bone-strengthening vitamins. Fresh dates are sold loose with their seeds intact, in supermarkets or greengrocers.
Place the dates, peanut butter and vanilla in a food processor and process for 2–3 minutes or until smooth and mixture comes together. Press the mixture into a 20cm x 10cm lightly greased loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted. Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter caramel, smoothing the top with a palette knife. Sprinkle with salt, if using, and freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Using a hot knife, cut into pieces to serve.
Tip: The fudge pieces will keep refrigerated or frozen in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Don’t forget to PIN ME! so you can make this later!
The vibrant issue is here to inspire as we head into Spring, with a wonderful collection of recipes that are as nourishing as they are delicious.
Transforming some classic recipes with a lighter twist, from lasagne to mac and cheese and even schnitzel, Donna and her team have done it again. There’s also speedy vegetable soups filled with goodness and stunning recipes using beetroot, plus amazing desserts usually naturally-sweet dates. Grab your copy now and head to www.donnahay.com for more Fresh and Light recipes.
- What’s Yoga Teacher Training Really Like? - February 4, 2018
- 8 Proven Reasons You’ll Be Successful - January 29, 2018
- How to save $$$ on Health Food and Gym Gear! - January 22, 2018
- How this incredible Fitness Entrepreneur, Human Rights Activist and Mum of 3 juggles it all successfully. - January 5, 2018
- How to turn your side hustle into a booming business - January 2, 2018