Did you know nearly half of all Aussies say they choose what goes into their morning brekkie bowl depending on what looks good for social media?! What’s even more amusing to me, is that more than half a million people (including me) post a photo of their breakfast on social media every single day – and men are three times more likely to do it than women!
In a nutshell, we all want to show off our amazing brekkie bowl skills.
They’re a super-simple way to start the day, and packed with goodness, so it’s time to join in on the fun.
How to create your own amazing bowl of goodness:
- Start with a base of 1/2 – 1 cup of your favourite cereal, muesli or granola in a pretty bowl. Wide and shallow is your best bet, so we can get a good peek at what you’re eating.
- Top with yoghurt, milk, or even some green smoothie.
- Add 1/2 cup fresh fruit. Any work, but my faves are all the berries – the colours compliments each other so well. Get fancy with your knife skills or use a tiny biscuit cutter to press out some starts or hearts.
- A spring of fresh mint or edible flowers go a long way. It freshens up your pic and makes it oh-so-pretty!
- Top with any final yumminess you like – think peanut butter, chopped macadamias, or a little dried fruit.
- Shoot your bowl in natural light, and keep the background plain and undistracting. Top-down shots work best to display all your hard work, but if you have different stuff going on in your bowl, a 45 degree angle works well too.
- SHARE! Show us your epic brekkie bowl by tagging #mybrekkiebowl!
Find out more about the benefits of cereal for brekkie right here:
Can’t wait to see your creations xo
- What’s Yoga Teacher Training Really Like? - February 4, 2018
- 8 Proven Reasons You’ll Be Successful - January 29, 2018
- How to save $$$ on Health Food and Gym Gear! - January 22, 2018
- How this incredible Fitness Entrepreneur, Human Rights Activist and Mum of 3 juggles it all successfully. - January 5, 2018
- How to turn your side hustle into a booming business - January 2, 2018