I’ll put my hand up : I’m all-too guilty of buying the prettiest bra, rather than the best suited. I’m a sucker for florals.
However, it’s arguably the most important pieces of kit you’ll own, and can make-or-break a good workout. So many of us are wearing poorly fitted sports bras: uncomfortable at best, and genuinely dangerous for your health at worst.
Permanent soft tissue damage can result from improper support when you’re working out, so make sure you’re strapped in sufficiently.
Check whether you have the best support next time you workout with these 7 signs.
7 SIGNS YOURE WEARING THE WRONG SPORTS BRA:
1. You have a case of the ‘back sausage’
Unsightly bulges from under your bra indicate that the supportive band is too tight.
2. The double-boob
So you’ve squeezed them in, but now it looks like you have four boobs. You clearly have a bangin’ rack, but lets keep it under wraps.
3. Chest pain after a workout
Pain during or after a workout can be related to the impact on your soft tissue.
4. Back and shoulder ache
It’s bad enough you sit at a desk all day, but now you’re suffering from back aches from body pump. Rubbish.
5. You are always aware of it
You should feel comfortable in your bra – if you’re constantly aware of it, its time for a change.
6. Skin imprints
No clothing should leave its mark on you, even if it is 100% lycra.
7. Movement while running
While a little bit of jiggle is to be expected, some women can experience up to 20cm of movement when they run. This is the worst culprit of soft-tissue damage, so watch out for that bounce.
FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT:
Any good sports bra retailer will talk you through their selection and discuss what size and style is right for you – just be sure to ask in-store.
If you can’t make it to a physical appointment, try the Nike Pro 360 Fit System. A quick test will tell you what size you should be wearing.
Featured image: Running Bare’s KINKY No Bounce Crop Top
- What’s Yoga Teacher Training Really Like? - February 4, 2018
- 8 Proven Reasons You’ll Be Successful - January 29, 2018
- How to save $$$ on Health Food and Gym Gear! - January 22, 2018
- How this incredible Fitness Entrepreneur, Human Rights Activist and Mum of 3 juggles it all successfully. - January 5, 2018
- How to turn your side hustle into a booming business - January 2, 2018